Friday, November 14, 2008

long time no post

I was recently chided for not posting any updates here in a long time. I knew it had been a while, but when I got on and looked - Holy Fudge! It's been almost 2 months. The reason for that as some may already know - is that I'm constantly busy. Ever since I discovered MeetUp.com there's almost never a reason to stay home just killing time. I can always be out and about - meeting and associating with people from different cultures, countries, and all kinds of different backgrounds. I have radically diversified my social circle faster than I ever imagined possible. A good thing, methinks.

So the most recent adventure: Last weekend I went with my Travel MeetUp to Hot Springs Arkansas. We went to experience the fall colors and see Hot Springs. Here are a few pictures I took:



...and here's a picture someone else took that has me in it [to prove I was actually there]

and here's a picture taken by someone who's a much better photographer than I

4 comments:

LadyCarma said...

Yeah, you posted, and I love the pictures. I am glad to see you have some new friends. And that you are getting out and about more. I miss hearing from you, now that you are too busy. But stop by anytime. You've Got Mail - really, the kind that comes by the postman!
I love the fall colors, and the mist in the trees. Very serene!

slwool said...

What a beautiful setting! Did you camp out? I thought we made a deal that when you got your Eagle you didn't ever have to camp out again! (grin)

Unknown said...

Nah, I wasn't camping this time - we rented out a big house with lots of beds. On the last trip we camped, though. It was the first time I had been camping since my scout days...

Lana said...

WHAAA?? A post from DAllin?! Wha? Well, I'm happy to see it, and also to discover pictures to go along with it!! YEAH!! Looks beautiful and way more interesting than Arkansas ever did before. :)