Sunday, November 30, 2008

Arizona for Thanksgiving

Just got back from a fun and relaxing vacation to Arizona for Thanksgiving. Here's a quick recap of events.

Erlynne, Chris, Ethan, Tristan and I all drove in Chris' mother's van, taking the drive easy - in installments - staying over night in Midland TX on the way out. When we got there on Saturday evening, Lana, Erlynne and I all went directly out to see "Twilight." It was pretty good. Entertaining enough for someone who hadn't read the books [me] - and from what I gathered - enthralling for those who HAD read the books.

I can't currently think of all the details of all the things I did the rest of the week, except for rappelling. That was certainly a highlight. Chris and I went with his nephew Jared to a park where there was a huge rock formation pretty perfect for rappelling. It was my first time and I was really nervous at first, but I was already feeling like a pro by my 2nd and 3rd trips down the rope. A couple showed up to set up for their family reunion and I went down at the same time as the girl to reassure her that it wasn't that scary. I forgot to bring my camera that day, so I don't have any pictures, but Chris did get some, and some video, so we'll see if I can get some of those and post them.

Thanksgiving day itself was lots of fun. Lana and her kids and I all got up early and went to see Porter, Eric, and Dixie compete in a triathlon. I DID bring my camera with me that day - so you can see my pictures on Facebook where I uploaded the best of them. When I heard what the triathlon entailed I thought 'I could do that, easy' so... next year I will. Lana said Staci had also said she wanted to do it next year... so next Thanksgiving I challenge all my siblings and in-laws to "bring it" because I'm totally there! The rest of the day was fun, too - Thanksgiving dinner at the Shumway's was plentiful and varied, and after eating Dana played the piano and the singers took turns performing. I even dusted off my old, unused, vocal chords and mumbled through a song.

Overall a very fun and relaxing trip for me. I got to take a nap most of the days, so hopefully that will catch me up on my rest. Now it's off to bed so I can get up early for work again tomorrow [frowny face.]

2 comments:

LadyCarma said...

I can see you doing a triathalon and winning! You have what it takes, both physically and mentally. I am glad you got back to Texas safely. Come see me! There are things for you to get from my house.

Lana said...

Glad you came. I'm excited for next year and kicking all-ya'll's trash. :) Love you!