Sunday, April 6, 2008

Time to start a new chapter

Another big life change is in the works. After getting laid off of an incredibly ridiculous and overly demanding job back in January I worked a few temp jobs, the most recent of which has already recognized what a smart, competent person I am and would like me to go permanent. So yesterday I went and found an apartment not too far from where the job is, and I'll be moving there next weekend [since my lease here in uptown will be up shortly thereafter.] The new apartment will still be an efficiency, but it's got more square footage, and best of all - a full size fridge, a dishwasher, a microwave, and even an included washer/dryer - NONE of which I had here. You're extremely limited in your food choices when all you have is a dorm-room fridge and a stove/oven. Oh, yea, it will also cost me about $45 bucks a month LESS than my current place, too.

I'll be a lot closer to a lot of my friends [who live in Plano and Allen] too.

About the job: I can see myself getting tired of the daily tasks pretty quickly, but at least they're easy, and it's a no-overtime environment, which will be awesome, since I value my free time. When you hit your 40 hours in a week, you go home! I left at 3pm last Friday. Also, you can wear jeans any day you feel like it [which will probably be every day for me.] Now all I have to do is round up a bunch of boxes so I can pack everything for the movers who are going to be coming next Saturday... uhg...

4 comments:

slwool said...

Hi Dallin. Congratulations on going permanent! Where is the apartment? Do you need helper-bees for the move? My pickup? etc.?

Erlynne said...

Congratulations on the new job and the new apartment! It sounds like you're going to be very happy in your new situation. Yay for a full kitchen & laundry!

Lana said...

Congrats! Where is the new apartment? Where do you work for your new job? You best be coming out to visit me when I get me a new sweet house and pool. :) I'll also be looking forward to getting a dishwasher. Although, as you know, we've been living in LAP o'LUXURY with the laundry facility just a few steps out our back door (facing west--so the clothes can just dry themselves!). Hahaha. Three cheers for movin' on up. Hope you like your new job and that they're not a-holes. :) Love you.

Clark said...

Yay! It's amazing the difference that a few amenities make! And a 40-hour workweek. :)