Saturday, January 24, 2009

they fired my friend...

Well, work became a little less fun and magical this week as the manager, operating under heavy influence from the team lead, fired my friend Alicia. She hadn't been there very long, relatively speaking. She, like me, started as a temp from K-Force, and then went permanent. Her work was good - once she learned all the systems she didn't really make any errors. She and I hung out many times outside of work and got to be really good friends. Neither she nor I can really figure out exactly why they fired her - it came totally out of left field.

1 comment:

LadyCarma said...

That is sad. In this economic season, who knows what will happen. Steve is working on commission now, and writing programs for the websites he has created. Hopefully he will get 1000 users at $30 a piece a month! Now wouldn't that be sweet.