Thursday, June 18, 2009

head over heels... again

so last year - on May 19th, to be precise... I wrote a blog about going head over handlebars on my bike.

It happened again today.

I was all excited to go for a ride, since I hadn't been in a long time. Got my bike out, aired up the tires and struck out on the sidewalk. About half a mile down the road there is a trail that goes through a park. I got there and went downhill on the trail, then, there was a sharp curve with dirt covering the trail and a ditch on both sides. As soon as I saw it I knew I was hosed. If I tried to turn sharp enough to keep the trail at the speed I was going I would skid on the dirt and crash, if I tried to not turn the wheel [which I ended up doing] I would go off into the ditch and flip right over.

The brunt of the impact was borne on my left forearm near the elbow and there were various other cuts/scrapes on my left leg and various other places




My left shoulder hurts a LOT, too. I can't raise my left arm very high, but it's not dislocated or anything, so hopefully I didn't do any hardcore damage to it and it will get better within a day or two.

I think now I'll just lie and watch some TV... that's safe...

3 comments:

Lana said...

OUCH! Okay, at first I was all excited when I saw that you had posted something new. But that looks terrible! So sad. You're really making me scared to get a bike (which has been something I've been wanting for awhile now). Yikes. Especially because I want to put a "kid-puller" thing in the back. Scary.

LadyCarma said...

Yeah, Dallin posted on his blog instead of just FB! Sob! about hurting yourself. I don't like the look of those scrapes. Be sure to put healing oinment on them so they don't get infected. And do the shoulder exercises after a few days so it doesn't "freeze" like Daddy's did.
Thanks for the update on what's up with you.

Wesley said...

Gnarly road rash dude. Way to go. You should make up some story about how you were racing along a cliff and ... I don't know. I'm sucky at making up cool stories. Hope it doesn't put you out of commission too long. love you!