Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Should I BE this excited about an IRON?

I haven't been the owner of decent iron at any point in my life before and the latest hand-me-down I got from Lady was very problematic, basically making any clothes I tried to iron with it worse off than where they started. I've got all these shirts I never wear because I don't have an iron and even I wouldn't wear something THAT wrinkly.

So I decided it's time to buy an iron for myself. I have done this one time before - back when I was living in the townhouse in Allen. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I basically got what I paid for. After about a year the heat setting knob broke and came off.

This time, I decided, is going to be different. I went online and did reasearch. I went to the Consumer Reports website and their "best buy pick" was a Black & Decker Digital Advantage D2030, which I searched for on a few shopping sites and realized that buy.com [where I have all my credit card points accumulating] had it for just over $50, and I had enough points that I cashed in and only paid out of pocket about $3.58. So I'm getting the sweetest iron out there, probably better than anyone else I know - and it cost me less than $4.00!!! And shipping was free! Unfortunately I can't get the instant satisfaction of having it right now... but nearly free is worth waiting for a few days of shipping.

I'm kind of surprised at how excited about this I am. I can't wait to let my new iron loose on all my jeans [the legs always get twisted around in the dryer] and I'll finally be able to wear all of my shirts without looking sloppy.

3 comments:

Guinevere said...

LC is here scrubbing paint out of the carpet, and says "Sweet, now he doesn't have to come mooching off me!" It does sound sweet. She says you have a Dyson, too. Do you love it?

Unknown said...

I do have a Dyson, and it's GREAT. Never have to buy bags for it, and it's always powerful, and every part of it is disassemblable. Is that a word?

Lana said...

You have every right to be excited for an iron. :) I should have had you research for me before I decided to buy a new one. (Our 8-year old one from our wedding died recently...) Anyway, I got a Black and Decker one that has a retractable cord--that doesn't ever retract properly. I want to punch it. But at least the ironing part works really well. Makes a huge difference. :)